Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Currently March

Since March is starting on a weekend I have time to do Farley's currently early this month.  I can't believe it is already March though.  Now if only Spring could hurry along as well.


I'm currently listening to my Spotify Playlist which includes some songs that I have fell in love with.  If you have never heard Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed then you should really listen to some their songs. I'll put one of my favorites at the end of this post.
I'm loving Test Prep Fridays because of how much I have seen them help my students.  Not only is it helping them become better test takers but it's also aiding their comprehension skills.
March Madness starts in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to think of ways I can incorporate this in my class.  I talk sports with my kids as much as I can and they love it, so I know they would love creating a bracket in class. Not sure how this would tie in to Language Arts though.
I'm desperately wanting some watermelon flavored frozen yogurt.  The last time I had some was last year at Freshberries in Raleigh.  They only have the watermelon flavor at certain times and the last time I visited Raleigh they didn't have it.  I guess I need to start trying frozen yogurt places around here.
I am needing warm weather so badly.  My students are getting restless and they need to be able to run outside and get rid of some of that energy. I am also ready to break out my Spring wardrobe.  Sweaters and long sleeves are getting old.
The last part of the currently had to be three words using the first letter in your name.  I said I like jackets, only because without them I would freeze in my classroom.  I love joyrides and taking daytrips.  I don't really hate jellyfish, but it was the worst J I could think of. I'm sure I would probably say I hate them if one were to ever sting me.




6 comments:

  1. Hey, found you on Farley's blog! I do hate jellyfish..not that they've ever stung me, just because it makes me nervous when I'm in the ocean. Are you from Raleigh? I live in Durham.

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my masters at NCSU so I spent a year living in Raleigh. Durham is a great place, I bet you love living there!

      Jamie

      Delete
  2. Hi! Found you through Farley! I am with you on the warmer weather!!! I am your newest follower...Are you an NC teacher? I teach in Monroe (near Charlotte).

    Jen
    Jen's Kinder
    Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, glad ya found me. I teach in Thomasville, so about an hour north of you.

      Have a great weekend!
      Jamie

      Delete
  3. I love frozen yogurt. Watermelon sounds yummy. I live in WI and we just had a snow day this past Wed and I have to say I am over the snow! Bring on the warm weather. We are going to FL at the end of the month so just a few more weeks of this cold. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watermelon frozen yogurt sounds devine - I will have to be on the look out!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete

#navbar-iframe { visibility:hidden; height:0px; display:none; }